Management of Carriage – what is it and why is it important?
What is management of carriage?
Management of Carriage defines the rights and obligations of the parties involved in organising transport. It is the result of discussions between the buyer and the seller on a commercial contract. It relates to the sharing of costs arising from transport, risk, responsibility for insurance and customs clearance. It can be held by the seller (consignor), the buyer (consignee) or mixed. The party responsible for the transport has a direct influence on the transport process – including means of transport used and the date of transport.
The INCOTERMS 2020 formulas, used around the world, specify how to allocate costs and risks in commercial transactions, to determine the allocation of costs and risks in commercial transactions.
Why is it worthwhile to have a management of carriage?
Management of carriage gives you the privilege of managing the transport chain, which, under the right conditions, allows you to increase your planned profit. Own transport management not only gives you the opportunity to reduce transport costs and control documentation, but also full control over the entire order fulfilment process at every stage.
What are some of the privileges that come with having a transport authority?
Ability to decide:
- form/type of transport,
- date of transport,
- transport prices,
- partners with whom we carry out transport.
What are the benefits?
- control of the goods during the transport process,
- the impact on the security and timeliness of the delivery,
- the ability to schedule loads according to the internal production schedule and storage,
- savings in the short and long term,
- work comfort,
- to keep the contractor at a distance from the competition,
- the ability to offer the customer better terms and conditions of payment.
It may seem that organising the transport of goods is complicated, requires extensive knowledge and time – with our experts these activities are really easy!
How can we help you?
- We are at your disposal for advice and experience, we point out elements in need of special attention,
- Modern IT solutions make collaboration easier,
- We tailor the offer to the customer’s needs,
- We organise of the entire transport process for you,
- Assistance with the completion of your documents,
- Our customs clearance process,
- We take care of the formalities with the veterinary and health services, etc,
- We eliminate the risk of unexpected costs.